• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi from derbyshire

Neo_uk

Hi ...

I'm new to the forum but have been into astronomy for a long time...now after a break of about 10 years it's time to dust off the gear and put it to some good use .

• Like 2

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum. Can you let us know a little bit more about yourself, a bit about your astronomy interests...are you visual, or are you an imager?

Maybe let us know a bit about your gear too.... and let us know where you are..

You’ll find the forum an interesting and friendly place

10 minutes ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum. Can you let us know a little bit more about yourself, a bit about your astronomy interests...are you visual, or are you an imager?

Maybe let us know a bit about your gear too.... and let us know where you are..

You’ll find the forum an interesting and friendly place

Hi ..

Yes I live in the loscoe/heanor area and my interests are mainly imaging ...but do like planetary ,solar and lunar observing too.

I'm also a radio ham so like a bit of the radio astronomy aspect too.

My gear I have a eq6 pro and meade 10" lx200 for planetery and lunar.For imaging i have a eq5 pro ..skywatcher ed80 pro or William's optics zs66 ..modded canon 500d or sxvr-h694 and filter wheel with lrgb , ha , Oiii filters ...

For solar I have a pst/vixen 77mm modded scope ....I did consider selling up a while ago but couldn't bring myself to do it.

So time to dust it all off and see if I can remeber what I'm doing. 

A warm welcome to the group Chris. Have a good mooch round and make yourself at home. I am a bit further down the road at Kimberley, there are a few of us fairly local. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum, I'm a bit further away at Newark and on 2m as G0IBI although I spend most of my listening whilst imaging! 

Oh, to answer your question about dark site 'electricity'

We bring our own power along with us. 

There is no supply in place for astro.

At Wymeswold we used to have access to the cricket pavillion, which had a kitchen,seating, toilet facilities etc

Belper (Alderwasley) is a campsite, but does have toilet facilities.

Both sites are currently off limits.

Due to you know what.

Not sure how long for, but i suspect months rather than weeks.

Thank you again for all the warm welcome...

And thank you bino viewer for the information on the dark sites ..

Yes strange times at the moment .

Chris.