• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Tonights Lunar 19.12.2020

Bino-viewer

Is that the new(ish) full frame mirrorless Canon astro? If it is, what's your opinion? I keep looking at it and debating whether I can justify the price tag.

It is Clive.

Only had it a week. Only got a T ring and adapter thingy today.

Still learning my way around it, but i'm enjoying the process.

Its a nice size.......very light and easy to carry.

I'm not planning on buying any big zoom RF lenses as they really are expensive.

I have an RF 'nifty fifty' on it as a walkabout lens and have kept my existing EF 135 and 200mm Canon primes.

I traded a whole lot of other gear into LCE which made it a more manageable purchase.

I myself ummed and arred about buying it, and it was a 9 month wait for it, as there's not been much coming over from Canon this year.

My initial plan is to use the 2 EF lenses with a tracker mount and stack a load of 30-60 sec subs together and see what comes out.

I'll need to invest in a filter or two first.......

Then progress onto using it with my refractors. 

I only use and alt-az mount  though : what could possibly go wrong ? 😀

I'm not much of an imager really to be honest, more someone who enjoys fiddling around with cameras and telescopes !

But i really want to improve, and despite my Bortle 7 backyard sky limiting my aspirations, there are still plenty of targets 

out there within my grasp, and of course there's plenty of inspiration on here for me to aspire to 

17 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

It is Clive.

Only had it a week. Only got a T ring and adapter thingy today.

Still learning my way around it, but i'm enjoying the process.

Its a nice size.......very light and easy to carry.

I'm not planning on buying any big zoom RF lenses as they really are expensive.

I have an RF 'nifty fifty' on it as a walkabout lens and have kept my existing EF 135 and 200mm Canon primes.

I traded a whole lot of other gear into LCE which made it a more manageable purchase.

I myself ummed and arred about buying it, and it was a 9 month wait for it, as there's not been much coming over from Canon this year.

My initial plan is to use the 2 EF lenses with a tracker mount and stack a load of 30-60 sec subs together and see what comes out.

I'll need to invest in a filter or two first.......

Then progress onto using it with my refractors. 

I only use and alt-az mount  though : what could possibly go wrong ? 😀

I'm not much of an imager really to be honest, more someone who enjoys fiddling around with cameras and telescopes !

But i really want to improve, and despite my Bortle 7 backyard sky limiting my aspirations, there are still plenty of targets 

out there within my grasp, and of course there's plenty of inspiration on here for me to aspire to 

I shall follow with interest, you might just convince me to bite the bullet.  At least I would still be able to use my existing EF lenses (with the adaptor)