• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Help needed to download Autostakkert

Paul Tomo

Hi all,

Im not having any luck at all at downloading autostakkert, I've tried version 6 and version 3 but nothing happens and I can't seem to unlock the files or folders that shows up in documents. I've tried 4 times and I'm not getting anywhere...Please help

Thanks Paul Tomo 

3 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

It’s a zip file you need to extract it first , are you using windows 

Yes I’m using Windows, I don’t know how to unzip the file I did try it last night but gave up. Can you help?

29 minutes ago, Paul Tomo said:

Yes I’m using Windows, I don’t know how to unzip the file I did try it last night but gave up. Can you help?

Create a folder , name it, put download file into it , now right click on zip folder and choose extract all , once unzipped open autostakert folder and click on application icon to launch 

Edited by Bottletopburly

1 hour ago, Bottletopburly said:

Create a folder , name it, put download file into it , now right click on zip folder and choose extract all , once unzipped open autostakert folder and click on application icon to launch 

Thanks Dave, I’ll give it a go, which version of stakkert should I download?

I’ve downloaded the zip file and I’ve created a folder. Which one do I right click on

As above except I have gone back to 2.6 as 3 threw up some odd stacking artifacts with the sun and 3 seems slower.

On the button thats says exact all.

then open the folder you saved it to and click on the AS exe and it should start.

5 minutes ago, Ibbo said:

On the button thats says exact all.

then open the folder you saved it to and click on the AS exe and it should start.

I’ve got a new folder on my desk top with auto stacker 31 4 x64 in it, I’ve double clicked on folder and it’s opened up in documents I’ve pressed extract but nothing happened 

The icon is not on my desk top but in the tool bar, how do I get the icon on my desk top