• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Here's a small round up from the past few months

Peter Shah

Wow Peter, great set of images! I noticed most were unguided, what mount are you using??

Ron

36 minutes ago, RonC said:

Wow Peter, great set of images! I noticed most were unguided, what mount are you using??

Ron

Thank you Ron, The FSQ106 is on a 10micron GM1000, the Sigma 105 is on a Paramount Mx and the AG12 is on an EQ8. The EQ8 is unbelievable, it's guide graph is stunning especially for a mount in that price range.

2 minutes ago, philjay said:

Thats a bosting shot of Rho Ophiuchi region.

I cant tell you how long I've wanted to image it.......finally been able to!!

1 hour ago, Bottletopburly said:

Awesome Peter 

Thank you David

Amazing stuff Peter 😊 On another level.

I too love the shot of the Antares region. It looks like you've got M4 in there as well.

17 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

Amazing stuff Peter 😊 On another level.

I too love the shot of the Antares region. It looks like you've got M4 in there as well.

Thank you Rob, Its probably my favourite part of the sky.... to just see it  rise only a few degrees here knowing its near impossible to get anything decent is just cruel....its still very low in Spain

Quite stunning Peter, a fabulous set of shots, and such variety! Amazing detail.... so you have both the ASI 2600MM and the ASI 6200MM?

1 hour ago, BAZ said:

Outstanding images Pete, the detail is amazing

Thank you Baz...Im very pleased with what I have so far

1 hour ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

Quite stunning Peter, a fabulous set of shots, and such variety! Amazing detail.... so you have both the ASI 2600MM and the ASI 6200MM?

Thank you Dave,

I wished I could say it was all mine, but my pockets are not that deep!!! someone else pays the bills.  I built, run and maintain it ......

I have to say I am super impressed with the ASI cameras. I did have to change my approach to imaging with Cmos, very different to CCD.

At first I thought the cooling wasn't that good only reaching -5 in the Spanish summer heat, but the noise is so low  -5 is really all you need. Plus because you use short subs with Cmos, combined with dithering the huge number of frames when stacked with a good rejection algorithm effectively drops the noise floor even further......the technology has really moved on.

The down side it the masses of data and processing power needed to work with these cameras. Each frame on the 6200mm is 116meg! when you are doing no longer that 300s exposures all of a sudden you have no storage space left...

22 minutes ago, Peter Shah said:

Thank you Baz...Im very pleased with what I have so far

Thank you Dave,

I wished I could say it was all mine, but my pockets are not that deep!!! someone else pays the bills.  I built, run and maintain it ......

I have to say I am super impressed with the ASI cameras. I did have to change my approach to imaging with Cmos, very different to CCD.

At first I thought the cooling wasn't that good only reaching -5 in the Spanish summer heat, but the noise is so low  -5 is really all you need. Plus because you use short subs with Cmos, combined with dithering the huge number of frames when stacked with a good rejection algorithm effectively drops the noise floor even further......the technology has really moved on.

The down side it the masses of data and processing power needed to work with these cameras. Each frame on the 6200mm is 116meg! when you are doing no longer that 300s exposures all of a sudden you have no storage space left...

Wow, that is a huge file! I use the ASI 183MM Pro cooled mono camera..

28 minutes ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

Wow, that is a huge file! I use the ASI 183MM Pro cooled mono camera..

Im impressed with the ZWO the overall build quality is superb, generally lightweight and low cost (if there is such a thing as low cost in this game)

I've one a little work on reducing the effect from halo's in Barnard's 7. Its quite a long winded process to get it to correct well and each star has to be worked on separately. 

Here is a close up of one of the repairs. 

Untitled-1.jpg.598c6bbcc1e7372960fa8617f

Final image after correction after taking most of the blue ones out....

NKYs8QjnG_MB_16536x0_UioLiwJR.jpg