• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Keep your eyes open for this scope please folks.

Can you all please keep your eyes open for this scope.

I purchased a  ' StellaLyra 10" f/8 M-LRC Ritchey-Chrétien Carbon Truss Telescope ' from FLO last week and it has gone missing.

Last Thursday the delivery driver delivered it to the wrong address.

On finding no one was home instead of taking the parcel back to the depot he left it in the front garden behind a bush. 😲

On returning to the address today it is no surprise the parcel has disappeared. 

Can you all keep an eye on social media, local Gumtree sites, Ebay ect where this might just come up for sale.

spacer.png

Edited by Graham
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Bottletopburly said:

Shall I share on sgl for you graham 

Please do.

The more we can get this out there the better the chance of recovering it.

• Like 1

Wow....I just don't get it.....Not quite as bad as your experience Graham,  but I had my new iphone delivered, the driver thought that a safe place would be in the wheelie bin.....and yes it was collection day!! 

Of course will keep an eye out

Wow, i hope you get it resolved.

At least you are safe with FLO pretty much.

Someone must know what's happened to it......

I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Oh blimey, that's a bad decision by the delivery driver, he will be getting his botty tickled. I am guessing that cost a few pennies.

I hope it  turns up. What have FLO said?

1 hour ago, BAZ said:

Oh blimey, that's a bad decision by the delivery driver, he will be getting his botty tickled. I am guessing that cost a few pennies.

I hope it  turns up. What have FLO said?

FLO have been brilliant over this and have dispatched another scope to me.

I would love to help get this one found so it can be returned to FLO.

Yes they do cost a few pennies -- a lot of pennies.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, BAZ said:

Wow, fair play FLO. I'll bet that you will be sat in the front room window tomorrow. 

I will be sleeping on the couch again tonight in case they come early, mind I did that last Thursday and look what happened 😅

That's a really dumb delivery decision made by the driver - he should be fired for that. I've also had stuff left in the recylcling wheelie bin or under the car on the drive, when all it needs is to drop the package off with a neighbour, or try a redeliver next day, or leave a pickup card for the local depot or PO.

I hope FLO have got insurance against delivery losses, or can claim against the courier insurance. They will always look after the customer.

I have all ways found FLO incredible when I had an eye peace go missing they sent a new one next day they are the best

• 1 month later...
DeanWatson

Good god, appalling.  I once had a new D70 DSLR delivered and apparently signed for that has behind my front door.  So much so that when I opened the door, the door hid it.  If I didn't look back at the house, could have gotten in the car and driven off.  Had a few words for the courier...