• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M82 The Cigar Galaxy in RGB and Ha

Peter Shah

Great image Peter, that sure is an artefact!! bad news about the cam, does that mean you have to go to Spain or is there someone looking after it?

Ron

11 minutes ago, RonC said:

Great image Peter, that sure is an artefact!! bad news about the cam, does that mean you have to go to Spain or is there someone looking after it?

Ron

Ordinarily I wouldn't let anyone else do the work as I'm quite particular how things are fitted. However I have just built a new FLI Kepler KL-4040 Cmos complete with filter wheel,  filters , spacers and adapters, it  should be arriving any day. It's all built up as one unit so the work is done it just needs to be screwed on and plugged in....There is a chap on site that can do that .....(carefully!!) Then as soon as I can go out there I will fine tune everything. There are a couple of other scopes that need some minor work doing on them so I'm quite keen to get out there.... I don't think it will be until early summer with the Covid restrictions.....but if I can go sooner I will.....I have another 14 inch F3.6 that I'm refurbishing at the moment that I'm taking out there on the next trip so I have to get that finished and tested before I can go.

• Like 1

Sounds amazing Peter.

I've just looked at the specs on this camera.......do you rent this imaging gear and the scopes as part of the remote facility

or it it all your own kit ?  

Mind boggling Peter.....my little refractors and Canon camera all seem rather insignificant after looking at that lot ! 😀

You (or was it someone else ?) mentioned the security issues at these remote facilities....?

I take it theres someone on site who lives there permanently ?

What an amazing job that would be....!

48 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

Mind boggling Peter.....my little refractors and Canon camera all seem rather insignificant after looking at that lot ! 😀

You (or was it someone else ?) mentioned the security issues at these remote facilities....?

I take it theres someone on site who lives there permanently ?

What an amazing job that would be....!

One of my favourite rigs is the smallest there....the little 105mm lens.....😉 what is that saying? ' its not how big it is it's what you can do with it that counts'🤣

Yes there are people there all of the time and we have camera's .. we get notifications when doors are opened...etc ......does it make me feel any better that the kit is all the way over in Spain? not really!!! but I'm constantly checking and tweaking settings so I will know if something is up.

49 minutes ago, Brantuk said:

Wow - telescope heaven, you're very fortunate Pete. 🙂

TBH I have to pinch myself ever now and then

1 hour ago, philjay said:

Again, truss tubes, carbon fibre, lightened ali plates oooooooohhhhhh

I shall fetch my coat again

😁

I do like a good truss and a bit of shiny carbon 😄

Edited by Peter Shah

That is majorly impressive Pete, no wonder you've been a bit quiet sorting that lot out. More power to your elbow Sir. 👍 

thank you all...

57 minutes ago, BAZ said:

no wonder you've been a bit quiet sorting that lot out. 

Trying to find time for anything has been so difficult as you can see..... but extremely satisfying now the data is staring to flow.....and a sense of relief!