• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

NGC 6888 HSO

Ibbo

3 hours ago, Graham said:

I do like that Steve.

Loads of nebulosity showing up  

Thanks Graham - I did leave the backgound a bit brighter than normal so as to show it.

2 hours ago, BAZ said:

Nice that Steve.

Thanks Baz

54 minutes ago, RonC said:

Impressive Steve 👍

Thanks Ron

23 minutes ago, Peter Shah said:

That's lovely Steve...showing the the outer shell too

Thanks Pete - was hoping to tame the purple and get more blue but I think the Ha is overwhelming the O3 - more O3 needed.

1 hour ago, Ibbo said:

Thanks Pete - was hoping to tame the purple and get more blue but I think the Ha is overwhelming the O3 - more O3 needed.

You could try removing the stars in the O3 then adding it as a separate colourized (teal/blue) layer. You will then be able to push the O3 much further and give it a harder noise reduction without loosing the sharpness in the overall image. This technique is commonly used when adding narrow band layers to an RGB image.

Edited by Peter Shah

1 hour ago, Peter Shah said:

You could try removing the stars in the O3 then adding it as a separate colourized (teal/blue) layer. You will then be able to push the O3 much further and give it a harder noise reduction without loosing the sharpness in the overall image. This technique is commonly used when adding narrow band layers to an RGB image.

Cheers Pete -I will try that when I get my processing mojo back.

My concentration at the moment is not good.