• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Pixinsight Discussion Forum - Next Zoom Mtg 16th February @7:00pm - Image Calibration and Integration

Hi everyone

As promised I'm setting up the next Zoom meeting to discuss image calibration and integration (Stacking) workflow in Pixinsight for Tuesday 16th February

We'll kick off at 7:00pm and see how far we get in the 40mins my freebie Zoom account allows. I hope to cover:

Creating master darks, bias and flats

Light frame measurement using Sub-Frame selector and Blink modules

Light Frame calibration, debayering, star alignment and integration

If anyone wants to chip in on the new batch processing module in the latest version, you're more than welcome.

How to join the meeting:

• Please request the Zoom meeting invite link from me via the Direct Message function on the forum.
  • I will only release the meeting details to a bona fide EMS forum user with a current account.
  • PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THE LINK WITH OTHERS.
  • The Zoom meeting will employ a meeting lobby and I will only admit you if you've made a request for the meeting details to me via the Direct Message service on EMS
  • Basically, if your name's not down, you're not coming in.

Sorry to have to do this but it's for the protection of us all.

During the meeting:

Please be aware I will record the meeting and make this available to forum members via Youtube so people can recap on something they didn't understand or missed. Other than that, it's your 40 mins!

Thanks for your support thus far

cheers

Chris

• Like 2
Derbyshire Dave

I'll be there Chris. Regarding the 40 minute limit, we often reach that on our Chestefield Astronomical Society meetings. If we all log out about 2 minutes before it's due to drop out, then log back in a few minutes afterwards, the meeting just  resumes..

30 minutes ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

I'll be there Chris. Regarding the 40 minute limit, we often reach that on our Chestefield Astronomical Society meetings. If we all log out about 2 minutes before it's due to drop out, then log back in a few minutes afterwards, the meeting just  resumes..

Thanks Dave - worth knowing - cheers

I have just been sent my temporary licence for Pixinsight and will load it tomorrow.

out of interest what's the cost of the software?

Looking forward to trying it out!

Ron

On 12/02/2021 at 22:03, RonC said:

I have just been sent my temporary licence for Pixinsight and will load it tomorrow.

out of interest what's the cost of the software?

Looking forward to trying it out!

Ron

Hi Ron

it’s a one - time purchase and £230 or so I think