• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A bit of colour visits the Ivy.

Graham

All I get is wood pigeons and starlings  though a little robin does pop by the feeder every day 

Things must be bad to bring these into the town.

I used to see hundreds of these and Field Fares growing up in a little village miles from anywhere.

Never seen any since I moved into the town.

• Like 1

Yes fieldfares were a common sight as a lad on the school playing field remember those every school had massive playing fields they’re called housing estates these days , though did see a flock of lapwings the other day heading for the fallow fields on way back from work the other day .

Nice pics Graham. The last few years we had a biggish flock over our gardens eating my Holly berries and wind fall apples over two others, but nothing this year. We have though become Goldfinch central with a flock of over a Hundred odd birds between the gardens. My feeders are getting through a kilo of sunflower hearts in two days. I have bought a 12kg sack to keep them going through this cold spell. God knows where they have been getting water from as everything is frozen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lovely birds. We have had a few pass through last month.

Last March we had a lot together with Field Fares and Mistle Thrushes plus bog standard Thrushes visiting the field next door, hoping we get the same this year.