• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Lockdown hobby

RonC

Will you be hanging them off the ceiling with half pound fishing line Ron?  😀    Brings back a few memories. My fave were the various versions of the Spitfire.

It's a bit big for that but I have got a B26 hanging from the shed roof!!

The old F4 , now that brings back some childhood memories.

Both the US air bases round here used to fly the F 4's.

Lovely air craft and an ear splitting noise.

Wonderful 👍

Wow, that's some memory Graham! 

Mine was watching them from RAF Alconbury (US) when I lived in Peterborough but worked in St Ives also watched Canberra's from RAF Wyton.

Great memory Graham. I remember back in the late 80s we were on a crag above Thirlmere and a couple of jets flew below us over the lake and it seemed so surreal looking down and seeing the pilot inside the cockpit in what just looked like a big chunk of metal. 

Nice model Ron

Back in my formative years I used to make Airfix planes. I got the bug after seeing 2 English Electric Lightnings wave hopping just off the beach at Skeggy in the early 60,s. 

When I was at my last power station, I looked after the maintenance on the standby gas turbine standby generators, 2 pairs of RR Avon engines the sane engine as in the Lightening. I was in my element playing with them even though they were bolted to the floor.

• Like 3

I made Airfix planes too, and tanks and ships. I think the Lancaster was my favourite plane. One of the highlights of Christmas Day was sitting down with my dad after lunch making my new Airfix model. I particularly remember the time we made HMS Victory and my dad struggling to attach the rigging with his big fingers, happy days 🙂

• Like 2