• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Auntie.. again

Derbyshire Dave

That is neat Dave.

We have loads of wood ants at work.

Each year they go on a migration to the trees on the other side of my workshop and back.

Only they don't go round the workshop they go under the back door and march in perfect columns right through the workshop and out the roller shutter door at the front.

This column will cover the entire length of the workshop which is about 100 feet and last for a couple of hours.

Same route in reverse on their way back.

It is as if to them the building wasn't there.

There must be hundreds of thousands of them if not more.

Keep saying I will get a photo of it one day but they only seem to do it when I don't have a camera with me. 😄

Edited by Graham
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham said:

That is neat Dave.

We have loads of wood ants at work.

Each year they go on a migration to the trees on the other side of my workshop and back.

Only they don't go round the workshop they go under the back door and march in perfect columns right through the workshop and out the roller shutter door at the front.

This column will cover the entire length of the workshop which is about 100 feet and last for a couple of hours.

Same route in reverse on their way back.

It is as if to them the building wasn't there.

There must be hundreds of thousands of them if not more.

Keep saying I will get a photo of it one day but they only seem to do it when I don't have a camera with me. 😄

That is astounding Graham..

It certainly is spring like, I have just walked through a cloud of flying insects the martins will be back soon to eat a few I hope.