• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Kelling Heath Autumn 2013

Guest Kheldar

Guest Kheldar

Have opened for booking today! What is the world coming to ...

Main weekend October 4-6

I don't believe anyone is arranging the block booking as yet, I've asked a Mod to pass it around at their lofty levels and see if anyone wants to take charge :)

I'm sorry, I'm not organised enough to manage this :(

PS Consider this a dibs on a block pitch if we're going en mass :D

Edited by Kheldar

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daz Type-R

• Brantuk

• Sheila

• tuckstar

I belive, and I might be wrong, we can book and pay for the same blue field pitches when we are at the September meet, I'm sure that's what we did last year.

They should know us by now,

Edited by red dwalf

Guest Kheldar

I belive, and I might be wrong, we can book and pay for the same blue field pitches when we are at the September meet, I'm sure that's what we did last year.

They should know us by now,

Not sure it is as I'm down the other end of the field for 2012 as I was for 2011

Maybe that was my own fault and I should of booked the same one again? *confused*

Edited by Kheldar

Guest Kheldar

Right I know I'll regret this, but if no one has claimed the job by tomorrow morning, I'll call and make the reservation ;)

Someone please volunteer to do it before then!

According to this years list, we have Blue 222-229 and 237-240 at the very least, though I think we had a couple more pitches in our block originally?

Maybe Kim can clear that up?

I thought you were opposite glider and me last year Steve, if you do ring them in the morning just ask if we can pay on September when we visit and we can use our same pitches. Think we usually book and pay for 10 pitches

Guest Kheldar

I thought you were opposite glider and me last year Steve, if you do ring them in the morning just ask if we can pay on September when we visit and we can use our same pitches. Think we usually book and pay for 10 pitches

I was, but you're in my pitch this year, or the one next to it, and I'm down next to Andy?

Ah right, if your next to Andy you might end up with 2 pitches if andy not feeling to good

I would do it but my email is screwed up at the moment thanks to Virgin Media - and they are taking light years to solve the problem. We'll be there but we'll be in our usual spot which can't be beaten for the views :)

Im in but only just seen the threads so will try and book tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up and block reservations Steve

Is there a tent size restriction at Kelling?

How close are the "neighbours"?

Guest Kheldar

The pitches are quite large, my car plus the two man pop up didn't even get near to half filling mine last year.

I fully expect to fit my car, 7x4m tent (that's with the awning on, it may not go up depending on weather) and scope set up easily into it this year

If memory serves, they are 9m by 7m ?

Edited by Kheldar

Should just fit in, mine is 7.7m x 7.5m, where will I put the car and trailer though?

Guest Kheldar

Should just fit in, mine is 7.7m x 7.5m, where will I put the car and trailer though?

and I thought I had moved up to a big tent :)

Might be worth talking to KH directly about that. Normally cars go on the pitch, however given the size of your tent it might be best to drop all your gear at the pitch and then take the car back up to the main car park and leave it there for the duration.

Guest Kheldar

Just give them a call, they're very helpful :) They may say it's OK to leave the car just off / behind the pitch : but I can't say that with any certainty

We've booked for 2012 on the blue field, we're staying 6 nights so we're taking the trailer tent and van.

I've put it here because I can't put it in the 2012 thread. Please feel free to move it. :-)

To quote Sheila "bottom",

:angry::(

Daz

There should not be a problem as Eddy is next to you with a small tent and a bike??? I'm next to him with a small tent and a van so we should be able to fit everything onto 3 pitches easily, just play tetris when we get there!

Sheila

Just give them a call, they're very helpful :) They may say it's OK to leave the car just off / behind the pitch : but I can't say that with any certainty

Ok will do, thanks, will leave it until after this years Kelling then give them a call.

DOH - missed Sheilas reply, I won't phone them now, will just nicely invade Eddy and Sheilas pitch instead!

A quick, "look over there, is that a meteorite", then park the car in their space!

Job done.

:ph34r:

DOH - missed Sheilas reply, I won't phone them now, will just nicely invade Eddy and Sheilas pitch instead!

A quick, "look over there, is that a meteorite", then park the car in their space!

Job done.

:ph34r:

You're free to park on my pitch anyway as I'll have plenty of spare space :)