• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Kelling Heath Autumn 2013

Guest Kheldar

We're booked in for 2013 - Red 308 from 28th Sept leaving on 8th Oct. Thanks for the heads up :)

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daz Type-R

• Brantuk

• Sheila

• tuckstar

• 4 months later...

Looks like I might be going after all!! A place in one of the cabins has come up so I might be glamping for the weekend;-) see you all there.

Oh very posh, you will be looking down at us on the blue field but looking up at Kim in the red field.

Ref to TWTWTW sketch :-) or was it the frost report?

Looks like I might be going after all!! A place in one of the cabins has come up so I might be glamping for the weekend;-) see you all there.

Where u gonna set up your kit as the cabins are in the trees I think?

If you set it up on blue field am sure it will be watched for you :)

Where u gonna set up your kit as the cabins are in the trees I think?

If you set it up on blue field am sure it will be watched for you :)

Thanks for the offer of kit sitting, but no need, its with my society so we have some pitches as well ;-). Don't worry I won't disown you lot, I'll be round for tea and cakes, etc!!!!

Oh very posh, you will be looking down at us on the blue field but looking up at Kim in the red field.

Ref to TWTWTW sketch :-) or was it the frost report?

Cleese, and the 2 Ronnie's??

Ill be stuck in the cross fire from those bazukas you call fracs!

Edited by tuckstar

Well that's ok then. Just for reference do you know where u will be.

If its cold and raining that is. Could have all of us visiting :lol:

Are you going in with the Ilkeston bunch Andy? They book cabins and leave their kit out with those who have caravans and tents on the Yellow field.

That's us Martyn :-)

Scope in each field, and keep changing when the tea and cakes run low ;-)

Edited by tuckstar

Make sure you all come over to the Blue field, a warm welcome and a brew awaits.

Likewise we will come and raid your cake tin! :D

Guest devil74

Sorry about the dumb question here but is this open to anyone..I cant make EMS2 now..and wouldn't mind this. How do I book etc, cost etc?

Kelling Heath is always very busy... quite often it is booked up a year in advance, you could try the site directly, but i would look out for a pitch coming up for resale.

Or try and see if you can share with anyone already going.  Cost is not too bad, it is a very nice site but not really cheap pitches.

Sheila

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, just to let you know, Altair Astro is on the Yellow pitch no's 123 & 124 from Thurs-Sat as usual, camping with family and friends

If you need anything during the Starparty, just pop over and talk to either myself or Ian, there's a good chance we'll have a solution for most scenarios - visual or imaging.

I'll get a few scopes out to try too - perhaps we can leave a scope or two with you guys in the blue field to try

Nick

Hi there, just to let you know, Altair Astro is on the Yellow pitch no's 123 & 124 from Thurs-Sat as usual, camping with family and friends

If you need anything during the Starparty, just pop over and talk to either myself or Ian, there's a good chance we'll have a solution for most scenarios - visual or imaging.

I'll get a few scopes out to try too - perhaps we can leave a scope or two with you guys in the blue field to try

Nick

That would be awesome Nick - thanks - should I really be taking the credit card with me......... :nonono:

Will make sure I pop over and say Hi.

Yeah, it's a long story, you wouldn't believe the rubbish I have now :facepalm:

Family's sure know how to muck up a good hot hatch.

I owned a couple of the EP3 models (best ones IMHO), the new ones now are rubbish!

I keep the name hoping that one day, a decent car will be mine once more!

Daz Vauxhall Astra 1.6 just doesn't seem quite right :(