• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Saying Hello

Carastro

Only just found out about this Forum, I don't live in the Midlands but hope it's OK to join to chat.   I live in Kent bordering South East London, and have probably met some of you as I regularly go to the Autumn Kelling Heath Star party.  I am also a member of several other Forums.  

I am an Astrophotographer, and whilst my home location is a horrible Bortle 8, I go as often as I can to a campsite in East Sussex for Bortle 4 skies as well as Kelling.  

Up until last year I had a campervan as I got fed up with all the effort of pitching and packing up.  But the campervan had to go last year as it was needing some expensive welding to the underside, so I am making do with hiring Glamping PODs and Caravan at Kelling Heath.  

Must sort out my signature.

Carole 

Welcome Carole.

I've seen you alot over on SGL.

I'm in a 'fairly horrible' Bortle 7 but we have a couple of dark sites here we use

which are about a 4 on a good night. And its always a treat to get up there and observe.

I'm just a wannabe imager by the way.....! 😀🔭

Hi stranger.

Glad you finally made over to here.

They are a good bunch of folks on here.

Edited by Graham

Hi Carole, welcome to the forum. I've seen some of your images on SGL and look forward to seeing them here too. 

Hello and welcome to the forum.

We are always on the blue field at Kelling, not far from the toilet block, near the road that leads round to the bottom end of red, pop by and say hi, Covid permitting we can have a brew and a chat, although I`m a visual monkey, none of that astro photography magic malarky......

🙂 

Hi Carol, welcome aboard. I'm a regular at autumn Kelling but I'm normally in the yellow field. 

Hi Carole and welcome to the forum. been a Kelling party goer for about 8 years but this year I'll only be a visitor as our caravan had to go!!

Look forward to seeing some of your images on here....

Ron

Welcome Carole, nice to see you've joined - I hope (like me) you'll find it to be a very friendly forum.

Hi Carole, a warm welcome to the group.

I have met you before, at Lucksall and Kelling, glad you have made your way over.

Enjoy your stay and make yourself at home.

Wow, I thought I'd just pop in to see if I had any replies and found lots of them.  Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.  I see Peter Shah is on here who I know quite well, and Martyn says I have met him, also Baz.   just trying to place who you are Martyn, so probably lots of old friends on here. 

We are always on the blue field at Kelling, not far from the toilet block, near the road that leads round to the bottom end of red, pop by and say hi,

I always camp in the Red field and if I can towards the top end, I shall be on T311 this coming September.  I have a feeling I have seen an East Midlands Banner when I went round to the Blue field a couple of years ago to meet someone.  I will try to make a note of that.  

Overt the last year I have been pretty much stuck at home in Bortle 7 during the lockdown, but my Bacon was saved in 2020 by the purchase of the excellent Samyang 135mm F2 lens, which gave me an opportunity to do do many of the images I have done before on wider FOV, and was really impressed with how it performed.  But now I am in the doldrums as all the narrowband targets have disappeared.  Have booked to go to the East Sussex Campsite in 2 weeks time, fingers crossed I get some clear skies.

Carole  

Edited by Carastro
  • Like 3

Thanks Bottletopburly.

Just notice a typo in my last post and there doesn't seem to be an Edit option available unless done soon after posting:

I have been pretty much stuck at home in Bortle 7 during the lockdown

Should have said Bortle 8.  

Edited by Carastro
  • Like 1

At the very top in the banner strap with your name in it, on the right hand side of it, there's three dots. Hit them and an edit option pops up. HTH.

At the very top in the banner strap with your name in it, on the right hand side of it, there's three dots. Hit them and an edit option pops up. HTH.

The option seems to only work for a short while after the original post.

Thanks for the new Welcomes and Hi Brantuk, long time no see.  Hope you are OK now.

Carole 

If there is anything you want altering and can't, just shout up and one of the staff will try and help out. 👍

Thanks Stephen.

If there is anything you want altering and can't, just shout up and one of the staff will try and help out. 👍

Seems a lot of work for the staff, wouldn't it be easier to let the edit button run on for a longer period?

Carole