• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Supermoon 'mineral' edit

alis80b

2 minutes ago, Ibbo said:

It is a bit of marmite thing, and yes I have done it myself and I'm still not sure. 😄

Ha ha! I guess everything is worth trying once 😊

I have seen some really amazing photos, but they just don't look like the moon! It would be cool if it actually looked like that in the sky though 😂

It's good to see different processes of it, it is still a good image and how I imagine it would look if you could get that close to it.

Never heard of that method of processing the Moon refered to as 'mineral' before (although I can see why).

12 hours ago, Clive said:

Never heard of that method of processing the Moon refered to as 'mineral' before (although I can see why).

I hadn't either. Took a few google searches to understand why it was called that! 😊

11 hours ago, Peter Shah said:

I really like it...and  I like Marmite too

I like Marmite too and guess I'm on the fence with the mineral moon, having only discovered it this week! I do think it looks quite pretty though (if you can call the moon pretty! 😂)