• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Gradient!

RonC

I decided to tackle the gradient problem I was having. I flocked the inside of the OTA (SW 150 PDS) about 8" down but

after a few images Wednesday night there was no change. I thought maybe I had a light leak in the image train so I

decided to remove the filter drawer from the train. While I had the camera out I looked down the empty focuser and noticed

the edge of the secondary mirror reflecting some light! I have painted the said area with black paint but have also removed

the filter drawer and replaced it with a variable spacer so I'll give it a try asap and try again with the filter drawer as a test to

see which if any is the 'culprit'!

To be continued!!.... 

Edited by RonC
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ron Clarke said:

I decided to tackle the gradient problem I was having. I flocked the inside of the OTA (SW 150 PDS) about 8" down but

after a few images Wednesday night there was no change. I thought maybe I had a light leak in the image train so I

decided to remove the filter drawer from the train. While I had the camera out I looked down the empty focuser and noticed

the edge of the secondary mirror reflecting some light! I have painted the said area with black paint but have also removed

the filter drawer and replaced it with a variable spacer so I'll give it a try asap and try again with the filter drawer as a test to

see which if any is the 'culprit'!

To be continued!!.... 

Good luck Ron, sounds crunchy..

Have you tried without cc incase  it causing an issue ron .

Edited by Bottletopburly

I have plans to try that out and other items but one at a time when we next get a clear night! 

Edited by RonC

Are you connected to the baader using m42 thread ron or using via m48 thread 

Good question as it only goes on 1 way? What difference would that make bearing in mind I've been using it well over a year?

4 minutes ago, RonC said:

Good question as it only goes on 1 way? What difference would that make bearing in mind I've been using it well over a year?

M42 causes vignetting best remove the m42 adapter and use the m48 thread you need 57.5mm  sensor to cc shoulder  https://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com/2021/04/baader-coma-corrector-spacing.html?m=1 Which is what I’m aiming for just waiting on a click lock adapter for my newt to arrive from flo as it will hold the baader cc better as I’ve had a few near misses of camera coming loose .

No trouble with vignetting and that would mean changing all my spacers?? 

Don't think that is the problem Davd, I'm just getting a reflection in one corner..

Ron

• Like 1