• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Click lock fitted

Bottletopburly

Finally the click lock m54 thread version turned up and mounted on the 200pds, I tried the baader mk3 cc and it clamps solid with a firm grip no play , now using my compression fitting I never really held it tightly and had a few slippage incidents but the click lock is designed to hold baader nosepieces as they have a groove which the baader click lock has been designed to hold onto like a limpet , so hopefully next outing I will try the cc now I have changed to the m48 thread and have a back focus of approx 58mm so hopefully no coma and ota collimated properly.large.4629E8B7-61D8-4540-BA71-FB6C9337C556.jpeg.0ba787ab85da3fcb63dc8ea75927d43a.jpeg

• Like 3
Bottletopburly
8 minutes ago, Nightspore said:

Looks good.

it certainly feels solid works like a compression fitting but the groove stops it slipping out so the compression ring inside the click lock fits into the groove .

Nightspore
1 hour ago, Bottletopburly said:

it certainly feels solid works like a compression fitting but the groove stops it slipping out so the compression ring inside the click lock fits into the groove .

I was contemplating a Baader like that for my SCT

• Like 1