• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

May 23rd

There was a lot of moving cloud around but I caught the Moon in a clear patch. I used 300mm focal length, ISO 100 and 1/320 second exposure.

MoonY21MayD23

Nice one Phil.

You managed a lot more than I did.

Nothing but cloud and rain down here all week

3 hours ago, Graham said:

Nice one Phil.

You managed a lot more than I did.

Nothing but cloud and rain down here all week

As  was saying to my brother on the 'phone, there was a lot of cloud around last night and, although some stars were visible, the Moon was the only object worth trying to photograph. I had thought about taking my Mak outside but figured I might not get a shot in before clouds covered the Moon. Nearly all of my photos this month are "quick grab and go" using my DSLR alone or with solar filters. I think I have now lost the Beehive for another few months. I was also hoping for another go at M4 but it will be around a bit longer. From the weather forecast, it looks like Sun and Moon until the rest of the month, unless I'm lucky.