• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Messier 16- The Eagle Nebula

Bottletopburly

Impressive Davis, unfortunately M16 spends most of the night behind houses and tree's for me!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Graham said:

Nice one David.

You seem to have got that sorted well.

Yes quite pleased with that graham considering little data, fingers crossed fingers finished fiddling about with spacings .

Excellent, David.

What's your initial impressions on the changes ST v1.8 brings?

Kev

1 hour ago, 8472 said:

Excellent, David.

What's your initial impressions on the changes ST v1.8 brings?

Kev

Main update is deconvolouion module using a new psf algorithm and nbaccent module which allows you to blend in NB  data to lrgb data to accentuate areas with Ha ,sii, o111 , so if you’ve taken osc data and duo band data  for instance  load rgb using compose and  Duo band data and the nb data can be blended in after using colour module , the Nb data is processed in the background at the same time as the other data channels  I tried on the sgl ikarus observatory lrgbha m33 data files , my first rough try on this thread at bottom 

https://forum.startools.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2225&start=30.

Interesting. 👍

I did see Ivo was looking for beta testers a while ago, but chose not to volunteer due to time constraints. It looks promising and I've recently renewed my license, so looking forward to the official release.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

a great shot....I love your colour....its very easy to send this completely red, you have a more natural tone.

12 minutes ago, Peter Shah said:

a great shot....I love your colour....its very easy to send this completely red, you have a more natural tone.

Thanks Peter hopefully next time I get a shot it will look better having just picked up a zwo533mc .