• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hyperion zoom or BST Explorer?

Cazz

Which is best? Without a fight lol. Harry Hill fans will follow. ;)

Having just seen the eye piece in the for sales section, and having looked through a Hyperion zoom - which was very good.

My question is which ones have the edge on quality?

I can see the benefits of each, but thinking about the future, which do think would suit our 150p the best and be with us the longest please?

i have hyperion and its very good, dont know bout other one. leave that to better experts than me!

The 8mm Hyperion single stop eyepiece is marginally better then the Hyperion Zoom at 8mm - but the difference though very small - would be more noticeable to the experienced eye.

The BST 8mm is hard to compare with the Hyperions because they are so much clearer and crisper and well baffled - different league really. But it is a great value eyepiece that will be very noticably better than supplied eyepieces. :)

Well baffled, I can relate to that lol. Many thanks for the help peeps. :)

We have decided to start a collection of secondhand BST's, we can build them up slowly and share them between our two scopes. We've very cleverly worked out that it's a bit tricky to share a zoom eye piece. :P

It would seem that we are now eating beans on toast this week. ;)

LOL - I've been on toast sandwiches for years hehehe smile.png

lol. I fear we might be heading the same way, lol. :D

I have the 8mm BST and can say I am very impressed with it. It remains my favorite eye piece.

I have the 8mm BST and can say I am very impressed with it. It remains my favorite eye piece.

Fab, I'm sure we'll think the same. You lot have started something now!!!! lol

I have two BST's a 12mm & a 18mm, and for the money they return very good views.

I have a fixed 8mm Hyperion, so we can compare them one night.

I have two BST's a 12mm & a 18mm, and for the money they return very good views.

I have a fixed 8mm Hyperion, so we can compare them one night.

That would be fab to compare, cheers. :)

I also have BST`s in 5mm, 8mm, 12mm and 15mm and will shortly have the 18mm and 25mm to complete my collection. I am impressed with them. The build quality is very good with screw up eyecup. Eye releife is very good, 60 degree field of view and i have found the view through them to be nice and sharp. For the price you can`t go wrong.