• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Releasing a spacer

Bottletopburly

Probably one for @Graham so the camera came today all good so far , working spacing out for the baader cc so the camera back focus is 17.5 , I have a 16.5 and 21mm spacer with camera +2mm I moved lens up cc giving me 57mm fantastic , but seemingly the 21mm spacer has a m42-m48 adapter which I need to remove , seems the owner put it on upside down and the two notches are inward to spacer , I tried the wife’s  latex oven gloves to try twisting off  no go there any ideas how I can free this off graham , freeze/heat spacer maybe .

you can see notch in photo 

large.CD62A4DD-6EA4-4047-A51A-F7761321C1FC.jpeg.052ae995d760e5373ab06e870b496c18.jpeg

Ahh solved with a pair of marigolds phew 😰 

• Like 2

A little bit of heat on the internal threaded part often helps. The nose piece on my Atik with Lumicon filters was a beggar for this. Gloves, rubber straps etc would not part em. A waft of a hair drier and they came apart normally.

• Like 1

I have found a very gentle smear (and I mean gentle) of shoe polish helps failing that the oil off the side of your nose.