• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

HEQ5 & ASIair pro!

johnst

Ok, so I'm new to this set up but what's the best way of connecting up the above with my Canon 700d, with all the different leads. I've been on YouTube and there are various tutorials but I think I need some diagrams to make it clear. I got partly set up the other day and things are looking good as I have a double finder bracket on my Megrez 72 so just need to connect up correctly, any comments welcome.

Basically you plug your dslr and guide camera to asiair,a Eqdirect cable from mount to asiair, a memory stick (blue port )connect to asiair via either Ethernet or via WiFi, and 12v accessory can be powered using the 12v outputs, Don’t power the mount via asair.

Ok, so I take it that I power the mount using my normal power pack. Si how does the ASIair know what mount I'm using, sorry for being naïve!!

You’ll need to install asiair pro drivers and software  , read img through the manual all should be explained, I’ll look into it .

12 hours ago, johnst said:

Ok, so I take it that I power the mount using my normal power pack. Si how does the ASIair know what mount I'm using, sorry for being naïve!!

power your mount as normal so it is a clean feed there is evidence that powering from the asiair can effect power to mount, download the asiair app go to app store either ios or android and use search >zwo asiair , insall sd card into slot on asiair this has the operating system on , plug power to asiair recommended power feed is 12v 5a if all four 12v feeds are used minimum 12v 2a feed so i would recommend 12v 5amp power used if possible ,get the app to communicate with the asiair first, then plug in eqdirect cable from asiair to mount  and connect and check its communicating  ,then add dslr(set to M mode and bulb mode ) and connect ,then guide cam ,then plug in a memory stick using the blue usb port  ,(blue usb ports are  usb3 usb2 are the other two ports ) Zwoair are locked to zwo products other than dslr cameras so if upgrading camera  you will have to use zwo imaging and guide cameras , keep us posted on your progress .

This video just got posted funny enough not watched but probably be useful 

Thanks for the tips, thought about trying to get set up with cables etc and initial polar align last night at 11 o'clock then decided to go to bed!!! Going to try a dummy run in daylight first otherwise I'll be trying to sort stuff out till the early hours and get frustrated.🤔

• Like 1