• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Starting out

Muddydisco Wraith Brewery

Hi all. I'm looking to start an adventure into astrophotography. But current climate means there's no stock around. Was looking at skywatcher 130pds or 150pds.  I'm now looking about bresser messier scopes. Don't see many using them or much about them are they worth looking into?

Bresser have a good rating with build slightly better than skywatcher particularly their focuser a search on sgl may throw up threads of interest, mirror holders on Newtonian seem better too having six points rather than three on skywatcher.

• Thanks 1

Forgot to say I'm local is. I'm Measham South derbyshire/ North West Leicestershire border. 

Welcome Nick. Keep a watch on UK Astro Buysell site for second hand equipment, 130s and 150s crop up occassionally.

H Nick,

Welcome to EMS

Good luck on your imaging journey.....😀

Hi Nick, a warm welcome to the group. From what I gather it's a bit of a steep learning curve, that and you need deep pockets. There does seem to be a shortage of gear at the moment and I can only assume that it's a similar problem caused by world wide issues with shipping.

Good luck, I hope you find some gear to get going.