• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The usual two planets :)

Brady

Cheers David, You see the difference for sure Graham although im still struggling to collimate this scope, i got the cheshire bang on yesterday with no extension rings on but a star test last night showed it was still out a bit, so i set it to the camera with all the rings that i use and didnt think the images were that bad, this morning camera and rings off and chesire back on but the mirror circle is way off centre...so dont know which route to take with that one

Edited by Brady

I’d recommend a concentre eyepiece for setting secondary mirror up Wayne if that’s a newt you’re using .

I've got the StellaLyra 8" classical David collimating isnt the problem, it's having two completely different outcomes, collimation looked good but star test showed it a bit out... understandable... redone with the camera in play and star test is now spot-on...I assumed which is probably where I've gone wrong is if I remove the camera and replace it with the collimator it should in theory be spot on and not half a circle out?...a few have recommended that concentre I've noticed, never heard of it before..cheers 

Excellent results Wayne.

Amongst the best images of these two i've seen on here this apparition.