• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Good dark skies in the Peak District

matt_baker298

As much as I've done imaging from my back garden, I've never really gone out and found a decent spot with a dark sky to just observe with the naked eye. With the perseids coming up too, I was wondering what are the best places to go?

Matt

Hi Matt.  A few of our members are planning to not only  go to our dark site at Tannenbaum camp site, but are planning to camp out too.

If you aren't a dark site member, your first visit is free, to see if it meets your needs etc.. After that dark site membership is £20 a year subs, this covers rent of both dark sites, public liability insurance and so on.

Shout up if you are interested, you can either visit or camp, camp fees payable to the site as per normal camping.

Even though there are distant street lights visible, it's dark enough to see the Milky Way.

Yeah,

Come along to Tannenbaum Matt, not far for you to travel, be good for you to meet the gang..