• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Kelling 2022 20.9.22 to 27.9.22

Sheila

That time of year again.  Please can you let me know if you want pitches for 2022 and I will see if I can reserve them again,  Not sure they will as we have

e mails saying they will only hold pitches until 8.11.21

I will do my best to sort it all out again if they allow, but you must let me know asap if you will be going.  We do not want to lose the best pitches if we can avoid it.

They are asking for folks to book via phone which should be fun as they are not too good at answering the phone  LOL

Also I note that there are extra charges now for awnings and dogs I think.

Please let me know asap

Look forward to seeing you all this year as we have had a long gap and I have forgotten how to use my kit 😁

Thanks

Sheila

Hi Sheila

Going to hand my pitch back to you as I will not be going to Kelling.

I do have this years pitch booked and paid for if anyone wants to take it over.

Thanks

Thanks Sheila

I will come over to say hi to everyone at some point during the week.

Details of my pitch are if anyone wants to know.

Arrival date: 04 Oct 2021        Departure date: 11 Oct 2021

Pitch type: Tent                Pitch number: T227 

04 Oct 2021

2021 Autumn Star Party - (04-Oct-21 to 11-Oct-21)

• Craig featured this topic

Hi.

I may be interested in a pitch for 2022, but only if there is a spot that is spare.

ie if all our spots are already allocated to other EMS, i'm happy to pass, but if theres a spare

that no one wants, put me down please.

I need to sort leave from work etc and if i go it will be the Thursday to Sunday for 4 nights only.

Also if there are any Covid restrictions and parts of the facilities are closed etc i or if the field is waterlogged

by bad weather, i will probably cancel my booking and pass my intended pitch on free to anyone who wants it.

Thanks.

I have every intention of being there in 2022, according to the E-mail received from Kelling a week or so ago, I thought they pre allocated 2022 pitches to people who are there this year?

Yes that is the case but then We are unable to reallocate our pitches to anyone else in ems. If someone forgets to book or is after the date they lose the pitch. I have done the same this year and got booking references which means if I contact them and reallocate to someone else. The automatic way I cannot. Maybe next year I can leave it to kelling but already this year we have a pitch that is not required next year. I am happy to not do this next year and leave it to the auto booking system 😁

On 03/09/2021 at 17:57, Bino-viewer said:

Hi.

I may be interested in a pitch for 2022, but only if there is a spot that is spare.

ie if all our spots are already allocated to other EMS, i'm happy to pass, but if theres a spare

I need to sort leave from work etc and if i go it will be the Thursday to Sunday for 4 nights only.

Also if there are any Covid restrictions and parts of the facilities are closed etc i or if the field is waterlogged

by bad weather, i will probably cancel my booking and pass my intended pitch on free to anyone who wants it.

Thanks.

There will be pitches available for next year. When I have sorted out I will come back to you there is one spare this year but it’s short notice I know 

Edited by Sheila

On 03/09/2021 at 17:57, Bino-viewer said:

Hi.

Thanks.

Even last year all of the facilities, with the exception of the gym/swimming pool, were open so I can't see it being a problem.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sheila said:

There will be pitches available for next year. When I have sorted out I will come back to you there is one spare this year but it’s short notice I know 

I can't make this year i'm afraid Sheila, but hopefully next year its a go,

if theres a spare pitch.

• Craig unfeatured this topic

Please note when you are at Kelling there are quite a few pitches being handed back that may be of interest to some who already have a pitch

or who would like one.  Some of the pitches being handed back may be better than the current one you have.  Please have a look at Kelling and see

if you wish to move to one of these and let me know and we can try and get Kelling to move the allocations.

Pitches

227, 237 and 241 will be free

Also we have pitches

232, 234, 235 and 236 but these may be less attractive, have not looked at the map and this is from memory, it would be good if we could still keep the

sites close together but it is inevitable now that some of the pitches will go to outside EMS as we do not have enough folk to fill them, it could be a bit of a tetris job this year 😞 

Sheila

Sheila

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/09/2021 at 11:53, Sheila said:

That time of year again.  Please can you let me know if you want pitches for 2022 and I will see if I can reserve them again,  Not sure they will as we have

e mails saying they will only hold pitches until 8.11.21

I will do my best to sort it all out again if they allow, but you must let me know asap if you will be going.  We do not want to lose the best pitches if we can avoid it.

They are asking for folks to book via phone which should be fun as they are not too good at answering the phone  LOL

Also I note that there are extra charges now for awnings and dogs I think.

Please let me know asap

Look forward to seeing you all this year as we have had a long gap and I have forgotten how to use my kit 😁

Thanks

Sheila

Hi Sheila I have booked and paid G4SJI 

• 10 months later...

Hi all,

Kelling 2022 is not that far away, are all the people who said they are going, still going?

I am assuming the booking only thread is correct. I returned pitches to kelling but did kit get a reply. I have to assume the resold the ones who did not rebook. 

for next year they are operating the system for folks to book themselves their current pitches. 

On 22/08/2022 at 13:57, Daz Type-R said:

Hi all,

Kelling 2022 is not that far away, are all the people who said they are going, still going?

Yes.

• 3 weeks later...