• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

NGC7293 The Helix Nebula

DeanWatson

Well done being so low you probably got a better chance as anyone being in such a flat area , a good mate of mine lives in Spalding drives around in an old Austin van probably has a set of ladders on the top you can’t miss it 

Well done Dean considering all your woes! I can't see it very well from my garden!!

Edited by RonC

Dave, it really was! Looking at it on this screen, I see little red to clean up and maybe a tad of background green but it is as nothing compared to all the stuff I had to do to get rid of the horrid stuff!

Youre very kind Baz, I was staggered to get anything at all really... Could still do with a bit of a fiddle but not too hideous.

Well done .

I have tried it from here over the years and have the sum total of about 3 usable subs, I should be able to get it for about 2 hours a night at this time of year but something always seems to go wrong.

16 hours ago, Ibbo said:

Well done .

I have tried it from here over the years and have the sum total of about 3 usable subs, I should be able to get it for about 2 hours a night at this time of year but something always seems to go wrong.

It certainly was for me last night.  Twice I had the CPC1100 mount fail (once powered down, must have knocked the power supply or something... and once when it generated an error saying the handset didnt recognise the mount).  Then of course I couldnt get guiding to work.  Standard orion starshoot by usb and ST4 (yes I know but its easiest...) but didnt seem to want to send signals to the mount...  Just updated all the drivers on the mount (I have a horrible feeling I might not have had the starshoots drivers on the little laptop i was using as well).  Not a lot more I could do, although to be fair the mount was behaving slightly screwy...  Didnt like some slewing commands.

Just now, Glafnazur said:

That's a nice image Dean, especially for so little data 👍

Than you very much Dave.  You should see the subs... Or maybe you shouldnt.  I thought they were dreadful (Well, they are...).  Actually it made up for last night when I has having biblical guiding issues.  But who doesnt...