• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M33

RonC

A mixture of flats, light pollution, Mr Blobby and amp glow perhaps? Did DSS give an error message or did it just stop working?  If you have isolated the offending image and DSS refuses to process it on it own (well with a 'good' one but with the stacking set to 50% of the 2 images and the dodgy one set as the reference frame) then I would highly recommend posting the 2 images on a sharing site and flagging it up on the DSS website.  If it's a FITS file then it could be corrupt (I think there is a NASA FITS file checker available on the web?) but if not and no one else can sort it, David should be able to give an explanation.  At the end of the day, a lot of people would be very happy if DSS was bug free (but I suspect a minority wouldn't!) so any 'error' reports always seem to be taken seriously.

It just stops working Clive, 'program not responding'! I could see nothing wrong with the offending sub but deleted out of harms way!

Ron

Been playing with DSS settings today, think I spotted what was up! My Flats and Dark Flats didn't match and the Darks were the wrong temperature.

All in all a bit of a cock-up!! But we live and learn!!