• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Milky Way, Falling Trees, Red Lights and Clouds at Kelling

Derbyshire Dave

1 hour ago, Bottletopburly said:

Nice work Dave pitty about the idiot with the red light 

There's always one Dave! He was quite a nice chap actually, very keen. He'll learn ...

I guess the clouds were more annoying than your neighbours light 🤔 (at least it was red, perhaps he was aware that astronomers tend to use a red light to view things whilst observing?)

• Like 1

Isn't the apparent movement of the tree caused by the mount tracking a moving (rising in this case) portion of the sky ?

Its a nice dark sky there ; i'd forgotten how good a site it is. Hopefully be back next year.

45 minutes ago, Clive said:

I guess the clouds were more annoying than your neighbours light 🤔 (at least it was red, perhaps he was aware that astronomers tend to use a red light to view things whilst observing?)

There are red lights and red lights what people neglect is that they need to be dim and not like the rear lights of the new cars which are a bit like fog lights.

4 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

Isn't the apparent movement of the tree caused by the mount tracking a moving (rising in this case) portion of the sky ?

Its a nice dark sky there ; i'd forgotten how good a site it is. Hopefully be back next year.

That's exactly right Rob..

4 hours ago, Ibbo said:

There are red lights and red lights what people neglect is that they need to be dim and not like the rear lights of the new cars which are a bit like fog lights.

Agreed. If you go onto the red field they will crucify you if you are wearing red socks!