• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Image hosting sites?

Brady

What sites are you guys using nowadays for image hosting?, ive just uploaded a 14mb image on Imgur but just noticed its only pushing 3.5mb to this site, i know beggars cant be chosers for a free site but when the whole point of imaging, at least ours, is all in the detail...its a shame to not be able to show it off....do i have to get my wallet out again?....its been a while and dont even know where it is..☠️

I have been using Astrobin for many years.  It's great and you can easily link from there.  10 images or less it is free, I pay for the unlimited images package at around £32 per year and the value I gain from that site makes it well worth it.  I don't pay for the more expensive membership as I don;t need.want the extra features.  

Carole 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Imgur works for me although I don't host huge amounts of pictures. The free version is OK. Although I run uBO on all of my browsers (except Safari) which takes care of most pop-ups/ads. There are Tampermonkey (Greasy Fork) scripts available if you need to alter any scripts on the page. I haven't needed them though.