• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Meade 5000 127 ED Triplet Refractor OTA (Moonlite focuser) and case

philjay

Not having an observatory anymore and my astronomy and health has changed, this excellent scope is languishing in a cupboard and only gets used about twice a year which is a shame, it needs to be used to it's full advantage.

Purchased by me from Ian King back in 2009.

I did a 2 year review of the scope back in 2011 and this link will tell you everything you need to know about it,s performance on visual and imaging.

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/105268-meade-5000-ed-triplet-apo-long-term-review/spacer.png

Condition:

Optics as good as they were back in the review time.

Tube no dings or dents just a few small paint chips commensurate with age. End of dew shield has a few more minor chips to the paintwork from when the review was written but nothing that bothers you, if it does a bit of white touch up paint will easily sort it.

Included:-

Fitted case.

Solid aluminium losmandy size dovetail which I built (and it is solid J) Made from one piece ally section milled on my milling machine.

Meade tube rings and handle.

Moonlite anodised blue focuser with 2" and 1.5" adapters. Slight tramlining on the draw tube but that is typical of these focusers and does not affect performance.

Note, no finder or diagonal. The focuser has 2 standard finder shoes so will accept a standard finder bracket.

For sale at £950 to (known) EMS members only. Anyone joining just to buy this will have to pay the advertised elsewhere price.

This will be advertised elsewhere in a weeks time if no takers on here.

Pick up only, please don't ask for postage as I will not subject this scope to the vagaries of the postal system.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • tuckstar locked this topic