• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

APT installing pain

philjay

Trying to install APT demo on a Win7 lappy, it is a pain and I am getting no where fast.

1st off was the "this program will not start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime blah blah is missing

Got this and installed it, this fixed another error messageassociated with start up so I have at least achieved something.

Now  get "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) blah blah

I have tried reinstalling APT, rebooting, uninstalling, rebooting, installing etc and still get the message.

At a loss now, any suggestions folks? I am at a loss.

Never had a problem installing APT but never tried it on a Win 7 lappy!!

Try the APT Forum Phil, lots of info on there..

Ron

May be down to the operating system Phil win7 is quite dated these days , if you do update in the future look at buying the OS of a reseller I’ve bought a few copies of win10 pro for a tenner a piece .

Edited by Bottletopburly

Ta guys but I dont think I will install a new OS because of problems with one prog. Ive downloaded backyard eos trial and it installed no probs. It looks a good program, I will probably subscribe.

Yes it's a PITA that so many software updates these days fail to be backwards compatible (or even worst isn't tested properly to check that it is or isn't). That's mainly why once I have an operational version, I don't tend to update until all the flack has settled and I know its OK to do so.

Sorry you are struggling Phil. I've never had any of these issues, but you could e-mail Ivo directly, he's always been very helpful directly.

His e-mail address is:   Ivaylo Stoynov <[email protected]>

Thanks Dave. Yeah I know Ivo from the early days of EMS. No worries now as I think I will stick with BYEOS. It looks quite goid and testing it yesterday I managed to do everything I need without looking at the manual. The mark if good intuitive software.

• Like 2

Apt runs on win 7 ,and every other flavour on apt site ,a quick google of the missing  api-ms-win-crt-runtime blah blah is missing is to do with a missing dll file in Microsoft c++ 

1 hour ago, Bottletopburly said:

Apt runs on win 7 ,and every other flavour on apt site ,a quick google of the missing  api-ms-win-crt-runtime blah blah is missing is to do with a missing dll file in Microsoft c++ 

Yep I know

, I loaded the missing dll file as per my post but APT now wont load now due to the other error message. 

Lifes too short to be faffing chasing error messages or changing OS so I went to BYEOS and as described, all is well.

Edited by philjay
  • Like 2