• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello from Skegness

Guest Justinshaw

Guest Justinshaw

Met up with the guys briefly at weekend from ELAC, will def be wanting to start observing more now :)

Im studying a Astrophysics course at the OU, which is fantastic, So will be nice to add to that experience.

Hi Justin

Welcome to EMS. I did Astronomy and Planetary Science with OU, plus some cosmology. best of luck with the course

Sheila

Guest Justinshaw

Thanks, Im just doing a starter course at the moment to see if I can fit it around work and a 3 year old son,if I can I want to do some more courses

Guest Justinshaw

Visual I guess, I have used my camera and telephoto lens to capture the moon a few times. But just starting viewing recently, so need to learn my way around the sky :)

Hi Justin and welcome to the forum. I did meet you on Saturday night and hope you are able to join us for our next meet. You are more than welcome to look through any of our scopes as we do have a variety and there is always something interesting to look at.

Hi and welcome to EMS. Have a look at the EMS1 thread, our very first star party and it is almost on your doorstep!

Enjoy the forum.

Guest Justinshaw

Hi Mark, was very intrested other night, just should have left my son at home I guess so I could have stayed longer, he fell asleep as soon as we left the carpark.

Hi Darren, I did notice that will have a good look

Thanks, Im just doing a starter course at the moment to see if I can fit it around work and a 3 year old son,if I can I want to do some more courses

Is hard work but worth it. With work and 3 yr old would only do max of 30 points per year. First full course is usually S103 Introducing Science, depends what you want to achieve in the end. Just learning or a degree.

Sheila

Sheila

Guest Justinshaw

A bit of both really I did think it may take at least 8 years to get a qualification I can use, but would have it in the end, May look at doing short courses in biology and other things. Be nice to get some more qualifications,

Edited by Justinshaw

Hi Justin, a warm welcome to EMS.

As mentioned, feel free to ask any questions you have, but Iam sure you will be fine with the East Coast gang.

Enjoy the forum.

A bit of both really I did think it may take at least 8 years to get a qualification I can use, but would have it in the end, May look at doing short courses in biology and other things. Be nice to get some more qualifications,

if you need any advice or opinion on courses please don't hesitate to ask,although i did mixture of chemistry/physics/geology/environmental

and some biology

Sheila

Sheila

Hi Justin, welcome to EMS, I would normally have met you Saturday night at Gib point but for the first time I could not make it!!

Cheers

Ron

Guest Justinshaw

Hi Paul, Sounds like you had an intresting encounter on Saturday night.

Hi everyone else :)

Edited by Justinshaw