• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Platesolving Apt 3.90

Bottletopburly

Is anyone using APT 3.90 and using ASTAP to solve having any issues platesolving?  3.88.6 works fine which I had to revert to last night but not 3.90 get a timeout and I have checked fl etc in tools menu , awaiting a response from Ivo .

Dave 

I'm using 3.90 Dave but not checked the Platesolve yet, hopefully get a chance tonight! 

I'll let you know...

4 minutes ago, RonC said:

I'm using 3.90 Dave but not checked the Platesolve yet, hopefully get a chance tonight! 

I'll let you know...

I’ve been messing ron I think with blobby being out it affected solving I’ve hopefully upped gain for Goto++ I used some older images and they solved in seconds so fingers crossed, I have had a go at session craft not 💯 I’ve got it right find out at 17.30 if the commands are correct I’m sure I will iron out any irregularity eventually.

I'm still not using APT for mount control so just use Platesolve to check my target!!

Good luck tonight!