• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Saturn Jupiter

Neil Phillips

Welcome to the forum Neil 🙂 

Nice images 👍 I think people post images from various places in the UK here, I look forward to seeing more images from you 🙂 

Edited by Glafnazur
Added text

9 hours ago, Neil Phillips said:

Not sure if people outside east midlands generally post here. From Suffolk. But thought i would load a couple of images, see if anyone finds them interesting

https://astrob.in/gqg479/0/

https://astrob.in/cl6rpe/0/

Hi Neil,

Great images, well done and well presented.

Yes definitely. The more from Suffolk the better! We have members posting from as far away as the South Coast.

So welcome to the forum, we're a friendly bunch, and will always be keen to discuss any interesting ideas or problems.

You can always give us a little bit of information about yourself under the Introductions section. Tell us where you are and a little bit about your gear and maybe history? Look forward to seeing more posts

Neil did you used to run Astronomia in Dorking , name rings a bell , or did you do an Astronomy show tour a few years back ?.

3 hours ago, Glafnazur said:

Welcome to the forum Neil 🙂 

Nice images 👍 I think people post images from various places in the UK here, I look forward to seeing more images from you 🙂 

Cheers Dave many thanks. Love the pic of Frank there

3 hours ago, Graham said:

Hi Neil.

Sounds like a name from the past.

I am in Ipswich where are you in this fine county.

Hi Graham. Yes ive been around the block. You likely have bumped into me on the net. I am from lowestoft. A little bungalow. With me and me missus

Cheers 

3 hours ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

Hi Neil,

Great images, well done and well presented.

Yes definitely. The more from Suffolk the better! We have members posting from as far away as the South Coast.

So welcome to the forum, we're a friendly bunch, and will always be keen to discuss any interesting ideas or problems.

You can always give us a little bit of information about yourself under the Introductions section. Tell us where you are and a little bit about your gear and maybe history? Look forward to seeing more posts

Hi Dave much appreciated. Sounds great here. I will post up a little info on the introduction soon. Appreciate the warm welcome

2 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

Neil did you used to run Astronomia in Dorking , name rings a bell , or did you do an Astronomy show tour a few years back ?.

Hi Dave ( lots of Daves here )

No i know who you mean though. Sure i got a secondhand scope from Someone called Neil at astromania. Rings a bell. No astronomy tour either. But i reckon you have bumped into me on the net

Its quite likely. ive been posting on a lot of the UK Forums past and present since around 2007. 

Cheers 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Neil Phillips said:

Hi Dave ( lots of Daves here )

No i know who you mean though. Sure i got a secondhand scope from Someone called Neil at astromania. Rings a bell. No astronomy tour either. But i reckon you have bumped into me on the net

Its quite likely. ive been posting on a lot of the UK Forums past and present since around 2007. 

Cheers 

I googled it lol it was a Neil Phillipson 😆

• Like 1

Hi Neil, greetings from light pollution central.

Your gas giant images are both excellent, and something to aspire to.

Several years ago, i had the same scope as you i think  ; an OO VX10L  F6.3

It was a bit of a handful with its 5 foot tube and i eventually sold it to another well known UK astronomer / imager, Gain Lee.

Still got an OO scope : the smaller tubed 250/1200 version and a couple of smaller refractors.

Enjoy your stay here.....😀

8 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

Hi Neil, greetings from light pollution central.

Your gas giant images are both excellent, and something to aspire to.

Several years ago, i had the same scope as you i think  ; an OO VX10L  F6.3

It was a bit of a handful with its 5 foot tube and i eventually sold it to another well known UK astronomer / imager, Gain Lee.

Still got an OO scope : the smaller tubed 250/1200 version and a couple of smaller refractors.

Enjoy your stay here.....😀

Thanks for the warm welcome Rob. Yes it is a handful Agreed. Especially as i get older. One reason i just got the 8" Classical cassegrain. Though when jupiter and Mars are riding high in the summer. I hope to set it up

Cheers