• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Registar

Bottletopburly

Does anyone use registar for stacking ? 
https://aurigaimaging.com/index.php

@Derbyshire Dave may interest you in that if I read correctly it can scale different images from different imaging setups into one , I’m going to have a look at this over Xmas and run my last imaging data through the evaluation copy see what it looks like , pricey but not subscription based as other software seems to be going these days . 

• Like 1

It does sound really interesting Dave, thanks for the heads up.Particularly in the fact it also does mosaics. 

I wonder if anyone anyone else here has used it?

1 hour ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

It does sound really interesting Dave, thanks for the heads up.Particularly in the fact it also does mosaics. 

I wonder if anyone anyone else here has used it?

I think @Carastrohas /does ?

Edited by Bottletopburly

I have used it on occasion.

it does one job - it aligns images quite well but it failed on my veil image from 3 or so years ago and the 9 pane job i did on the NAN to IC 5068 .

I then tried APP and that did the both of them.

• Like 1

APP will also stack, stretch, remove stars , light pollution tool , background correction.

Out of the 2 i would say APP is the best bang for the £

Though it has a learning curve.

5 minutes ago, Ibbo said:

APP will also stack, stretch, remove stars , light pollution tool , background correction.

Out of the 2 i would say APP is the best bang for the £

Though it has a learning curve.

That's really interesting. Your big mosaics have been stunning. Don't think I'm going to get away with buying any more software soon though..