• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Just had a nice xmas present-not

Ibbo

Courtesy of Derby Police

Thought it was 40 but no the signs on the road have been halfheartedly burnt off so its now 30 :angry: :angry: :angry:

money making scheme

don't suppose its worth complaining

1st time in 34 years of driving and for 10 of those I did in excess of 35k a year

I'm a trifle annoyed to say the least

Edited by Ibbo

Are there new signs up before that spot, to advise a new limit is in place?

If not, I would challenge it.

By law they have to tell you the speed limit of a road (except 30 mph zones within a built up area with equally spaced street lighting - there will be no repeters) and motorways. (This is England I`m talking about, Scotland is slightly different) If there are no 30mph speed signs on what used to be a 40mph road (upon enetering the 30 mph zone there should be one but will be no repeters) then I would challenge it. I don't beleive (correct me if i am wrong) that paint on a road is an enforced sign, more of a informational regardless of the shape of the outer box.

i also had a nice letter from nottingham county council. took the daughter into Nottingham last week for her 6th form college interview, got totally lost in the one way system, i knew where i wanted to get to so followed a bus, car and taxi up past the victoria center, and apparantly it`s a bus and bike lane only, lovely £60 fine or £30 if paid within 14 days, i did see the sign on the road surface but as everyone else was driving up it i thought maybe it`s one of those bus lanes you can`t use between certain times, mainly rush hour.

wife had a good laugh.

so did daughter,

moral of the story, she can catch the bus next time !!!!

Thankfully, I have never received a fine or ticket for anything.

I did once get pulled over on the M1 doing 80mph, it was at about 2 in the morning so the road was totally dead. I got away with some "sensible humour"... When he asked what speed I was doing, I acknowledged it was 80mph. When he asked me why, I said I was keeping up with the flow of traffic. When he asked what traffic (empty road) I said "that's how far ahead they are". He laughed, bollocked me and then let me go. :D

BAd luck Steve, I noticed an increase in "Road Safety" camera vans just lately, its nice to see the boys in blue arte looking out for our safety :rolleyes: A definite revenue gathering excercise.

Phil

A6 Darley Dale

yes the motorist is certainly a cash crop esp at the pump and fixed penalty tickets

I fail to see the safety angle, if it was there would be more than 1 sign I feel

as the avatar ses Bah Humbug

I say chaps, considering the subject matter the language is stunningly restrained, I'm afraid I would embarrass myself if you were to get me started on this one.

Edited by Rusty Strings

Remember that there must be a speed limit sign on both sides of the road.

They quashed about 200 convictions on a road near me because there was only one sign.

Watch out around the ring road, where there are no "specs" cameras, the digital average speed ones.They have a new van, a big merc sprinter type, but it's got telescopic pole cameras, so it hides behind things such as parked cars in the QMC grounds and gets anyone going towards the flyover.

Thanks for the heads up, down there 10 times a week on the way to work and back, all ways do 40mph over there as that is a favorite hang out of the cash collectors!