• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Intes Micro MN76

Speed

Thanks

cool down isnt that long  approx 3/4 hour but good images about 20 mins    has a cooling fan as well so that helps    

had if for years  and love it ..from what I know these are getting rare now    

Got off a good friend   who doesn`t  do much observing as he is getting a little old now  

He has a skywatcher  180 Mak pro   that  he is trying to sell     

It looks a beast of a scope, despite its 178mm aperture. Superb.

And it kind of dwarfs the EQ6 holding it up.

I really wish i'd brought one 15 - 20 years ago when i had the chance (when i was younger, fitter and my eyes worked better)

I was actually more interested in the Mak-Cass and came very close to buying one when i visited Widescreen in London when they were on Baker St.

But Simon didn't really 'sell it' to me that day and i went down the 5" apo route a year or so later with a William Optics FLT132. Not too many regrets thinking about it.

And i think i'm too old now to manage something like a Mak Newt. They are big heavy scopes.

But if a used MC came up second hand i may yet be tempted.

Collimation would be my biggest concern rather than cooldown.

I've always had a fascination with Russia, its history and their telescopes and optical designs.

Optically they are right up there with the best of them.

And my 2 refractors both have a rich Russian optical heritage so i guess in some ways i already have a bit of a Russian scope. Theres always room for one more though 🙂

Hi  only collimated it a couple of times    took it to Orion Optics a few years ago to get it serviced and they said the collimation was fine even then 

agree with the comments re the EQ6 mount but the weight loading says it`s fine      a very basic mount but I only do visual    maybe a newer EQ6  with go to at some point but the focuser is what I am looking at next