• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A new addition

philjay

Very nice little scope.

Pity mine is not in the same nick as that one, though I have had it best part of 25 years and it has done 2 total solar eclipses, I reckon its been to Theford & Kelling more times than I have (as it has been loaned out a few times), loads of out reach, transmitted all the Venus transit from Sheffield peace gardens, a few trips to Scotland including Galloway Star paries and John O Groats (That trip it never saw light) been in and out of favour a few times and now is doing a great job with the Lunt Cak filter for solar.

• Like 2

It looks gorgeous Phil. I have the 5mm LE, they are often overlooked nowadays but are superb planetary eyepieces. 

yZkN0fMl.jpg

I rate the Tak' prism as well. Taktastic!

1 hour ago, Ibbo said:

Very nice little scope.

Pity mine is not in the same nick as that one, though I have had it best part of 25 years and it has done 2 total solar eclipses, I reckon its been to Theford & Kelling more times than I have (as it has been loaned out a few times), loads of out reach, transmitted all the Venus transit from Sheffield peace gardens, a few trips to Scotland including Galloway Star paries and John O Groats (That trip it never saw light) been in and out of favour a few times and now is doing a great job with the Lunt Cak filter for solar.

I thought I had seen you with one. I know you have a Tak eyepiece collection, seem to remember an SGL some years ago when you produced an eyepiece for me to try from each pocket 😀

Have you imaged through yours Steve? I know I really need the 0.7 flattener but I am sure I will need about half a dozen other adapters.

I reckon it would be a good scope with the old 1000d attached. Not sure about the Atik 314 on it though.

Its Ok but can suffer a bit of blue bloat and my focuser needs a spot of fettling from time to time.

Tak adaptor is a nighmare time to fir eup the lathe.

Edited by Ibbo

39 minutes ago, Ibbo said:

Its Ok but can suffer a bit of blue bloat and my focuser needs a spot of fettling from time to time.

Tak adaptor is a nighmare time to fir eup the lathe.

Yep, I,m after some lathe projects, having a break from rebuilding houses for a month or so. I must practice my thread cutting

Thats a nice little gem of a telescope. Congratulations on getting it 👍🏼

You've got to love Fluorite !!

10 hours ago, Ibbo said:

Did these with it

NB

piJoShZDGULP_2560x0_OnJVvpU-.jpg

With modded 1000D

gNVYxdg9175r_16536x0_VaPVPywy.jpg

Very nice, which flattener was that with?

21 hours ago, philjay said:

They do the flattener only still, no reduction but its 440 squids, ouch

They are not cheap !