• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi, I’ve just joined

Apacheplayer

Hi

My name is Keith and I’ve just found out about this forum today and decided to join. I live at Middleton by Wirksworth, not too far from Matlock.

My interest in astronomy is fairly recent so am on a steep learing curve. You can find a little more about this at https://nightskymiddleton.wordpress.com

Any tips and advice welcome.

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith, a warm welcome to the group. Astronomy is a big subject with great access to some amazing sights that will stay with you all your life. Also, it doesn't need to be expensive as you only need really modest gear to get going. As you progress and dependent on your budget there are numerous ways you can develop your hobby.

The easiest is to get a pair of binoculars and a star atlas and start finding some of the objects that are easier to find in binoculars than a scope, you are in a good spot for dark skies and this will help a lot.

Have a mooch round and make yourself at home, feel free to ask any questions you have and help will be along. 

EDIT.

Yeah, scratch what I have just said, I didn't read your link.  I can see you are already knee deep and I can see the wallet has already been abused, I am sure you will fit right in and continue to enjoy the hobby.

Edited by BAZ

Welcome Keith nice write up 👍 doh you’ve entered the black hole 🕳 of astrophotography 

Welcome to EMS Keith.

You have some nice images on your site there 🔭

Just wondering : are 'White Peak' still going up there.......??