• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

LAS Meeting

Guest Steve

Looks like summer is over - LAS are resuming meetings. The following from Ann Bonell:

The next meeting is on Tuesday Sep 11 at 7.30pm at the National Space Centre. I shall be giving a talk about unusual and hypothetical solar system objects including Vulcan and have called the talk 'Long Long and Prosper - the search for Vulcan'. Now, before all you Star Trek fans start mailing me, I do realise that Spock's Vulcan was (is???!!!) not in the solar system, but it seems a catchy title, and I never miss an opportunity like that!

Keith Moore will also be telling us about what can be seen in the night sky - and it's certainly noticeable around this time of year that the hours of darkness are increasing, isn't it?

60th anniversary mugs and T-shirts

We took a lot of orders for these at the last meeting, so could you please bring your money (if you haven't paid) on Sep 11. Mugs are £4 each and T-shirts are £7.

If you weren't at the last meeting, the items will have the revamped (yellow-blue) logo with ‘1952 – 2012’.

T shirts come in sizes S, M, L, Xl. XXL

If you have not ordered a mug or shirt and would like to do so, you can email me with your order or place it on Sep 11.

Cash or cheques (payable to Leicester Astronomical Society) please.

Hope to see you next Tuesday

Best wishes

Ann