• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

December Darksite Meeting at Belper

Doc

Guest Mark Payton

I was thinking of bringing my Dob but I dont see this weather clearing up (unless any meteorologists among you can tell me different).

I might bring the bins though.... what are you guys doing?

Mug packed chequebook to pay dues

Sorted my genny as well

If you can hunt round for a inspection lamp or anything like that would be good

not sure long long my genny will power my data projector and laptop but I will bring them and will grab a gallon of petrol on the way up

can xdo life and death of stars or solar system

or a ad hoc how to do planetary processing talks

Sorry lads, its hammering down here!! Don't think it's worth a 100 mile round trip in this weather!!

Never mind will be there in spirit, enjoy the meet, hope to see you at the next one (whatever the bl..dy weather!)...

Did you, can't remember that one, but then I missed the last one, I had that wedding to go to in london.

Sorry lads, its hammering down here!! Don't think it's worth a 100 mile round trip in this weather!!

Never mind will be there in spirit, enjoy the meet, hope to see you at the next one (whatever the bl..dy weather!)...

What a shame but I think it's the right decision, see you next time.

Happy New Year Ron, I'll save your mince pie until the next meeting! :)

The remain looks like easing off, but will remain cloudy either way.

Sorry guys Lewis has decided he can't go out. Social gatherings are not his thing :( He does try bless him. I had a hell of a time with him at our boxing day party and that was just a gathering of family members. Maybe next time... :(

I'm bring up a few of my Astro mags and I don't want to bring them back

Astro Now

Astronmomy

a few Sky & Telescope

Edited by Ibbo

Thanks for tonight guys, good to put some names to faces and sorry to those who I did not have a chance to say hi to, will catch up with you at the next meet.

Thanks for tonight guys, good to put some names to faces and sorry to those who I did not have a chance to say hi to, will catch up with you at the next meet.

Sorry I didn't get time to speak to you Daz will next time, but thanks for coming to the meeting.

Guest David Pugh

Had a great time and learnt loads, wasn't too sure what a lot of the conversation was about. But I'm sure it will start to pick up all the terms as time goes on. Thanks.

A very enjoyable night where we laughed in the face of the weather, and it got worse. Doh.

Happy New Year to everyone from Krys and myself..

See you next year.

I'll call round and rescue them. I wouldn't like to use them after a bunch of hairy arsed cricketer's have messed with them