• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

What did Santa bring you?

Guest Fluke

I got my skymax 127 goto scope.

Very cloudy last night as Im sure you all know, but I just HAD to have ago lol.

Anyway, got lucky for 5 mins and got my first glimpse of Jupiter through it. Well chuffed :))

Congrats Dan - nice scope and great that you got to try it out and spotted Jupiter. I nearly got mine out when it looked like clearing up - but glad I didn't cos the clouds were back within 30 mins. :)

I got my skymax 127 goto scope.

Very cloudy last night as Im sure you all know, but I just HAD to have ago lol.

Anyway, got lucky for 5 mins and got my first glimpse of Jupiter through it. Well chuffed :))

I remember that new scope feeling, congrats on your first spot!

Congrats on the new scope Dan!

Martyn - The knives are a Cookware brand, not tried them out yet though :D

A pair of lightweight trousers for when I am back on Crete it stops me being bitten by those pesky mozzies, and a tin of quality street that a certain lady who is on a diet has not had her hand out of the tin since I opened it. I did want a 8mm Radian, must try harder with my hints!!!

that box of yours looks nice Kim, would a 8" sct fit in ?

i got some baader wonder fluid, and a nice desktop pc, with wifi for the obsy when it`s done, just using it now having updated the wifi driver so i could get onto the net.

also my youngest daughter bought me a thermal hat, with out me even hinting about it, suppose she`s fed up of seeing me come in freezing from the cold,

still butting toys together for the kids as we where out all dfay yesterday at revaltives

Edited by red dwalf

Rob it won't fit an 8" Sct in it. It only just takes the ST80 and I think I'll get the Meg 72 in it as well - not quite as big as it looks in the pic mate. It's 16" x 11" x 11" deep :)

I got Patrick Moore's Yearbook of Astronomy 2012 (special 50th anniversay edition).

I've just got that too :D

I got loads of Terry Pratchett, Stephen Hawkings last book, decent pair of walking socks, usual chocs and booze.

Guest AstronomyShed

a nice desktop pc, with wifi for the obsy when it`s done, just using it now having updated the wifi driver so i could get onto the net.

There's summat wrong with it Rob it's doing huge text. ;)

Guest AstronomyShed

I got a SSD for my dedicated astro lappy, it was a bugger to set up but now all running right :-

http://www.ebuyer.com/268244-ocz-120gb-agility-3-ssd-agt3-25sat3-120g-agt3-25sat3-120g

I also got a QHY5,

A pair of these, (look at the test results) but they're bloody ugly :-

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/weasy-boots-id_8157564.html

And a laurel & hardy boxed dvd set ;)

Guest AstronomyShed

Those boots are freaky :wacko:

I know, but they're very light, easy to slip on and off, and tested to silly minus degree temperatures so i thought they'd be ideal for prancing about in the garden at stupid o'clock with me scopes :)

it`s the settings on the new computer, i`ll have a go at changing it,

cheers.

laurel and Hardy, my fav double act, i`ve had the box set for a while and make me laugh every time.

Edited by red dwalf

Guest Mark Payton

I got a Rigel Quikfinder and an OIII filter. Really chuffed, the missus said that she stopped short of getting me a RACI as the shop assistant started asking technical questions - dammit!

Make it easy for her - I just give my missus the make, colour, and size - so for her it's just like buying a new dress lol :)