• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M27 Last Night 11/09/12

Perkil8r

I was trying to think of a target yesterday, Steve suggested M27. I had never "found" M27 myself before, so I thought why not!

Here is a stack of 79 60sec subs @ iso800. Scope is 200p on EQ5. Camera is modded 350d with clip in LP filter on loan from Steve.

Stacked in DSS, Processed in PS5.

A very interesting target, and nicely colourfull too. I am pleased, but feel I could do better, I think it needs more data and longer subs maybe.

Wow Mike that is insane, you must be really chuffed with it, it's funny how you and Graham decided to do M27 because I decided it will be my next target after seeing how big it was at Belper.

Your image has come out really well and there is a fair bit of structure showing inside the nebula. I also like the fainter detail (lobes)

Very nice.

In all honesty, an easing off on the red channel would be to my preference but we all see things differently.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards

hey Mike how did you manage to get a reflection of the Earth in the middle of that.

That is pretty dam good sir.

Thanks for the kind words. I think I may need to re-process this again later. I feel I have lost some detail in the lobes. The colours also do need a bit of tweaking, but overall I am happy so far I think. And it's another one off the list. I have a master plan to try and get as many of the Messiers as is possible from the UK with the limited equipment and skill I have.

a nice picture that. i like m27 because its big bright and colourful so makes a great subject.i agree about toning down the red a bit, this will akso blacken the sky as well. still a good image tho