• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS1 info (please read)

cosmic dave

Hello guys well its very nearly time for our own little get together so I thought I would put together a little post to keep everyone informed. EMS1 is a very relaxed starparty (like the forum) so there are no real hard and fast rules except one, PLEASE PLEASE keep to red lights only on our observing field at night, if your vehicle lights flash when you open the doors please cover them and dont forget to turn off the internal light in you car. If you must use white light shout a warning and wait for people to look away.

FRIDAY 12 oct

I intend to be on site from around lunch time just to make sure everything is OK, I will black out the toilet block windows and have spoken to the camp site owners who have agreed to turn off the camp site lighting, Perhaps a BBQ in the evening and then with a little luck a night of stargazing with a beer or two.

SATURDAY 13 Oct

Morning (hopefully late) an astro boot so if you have anything you want to sell bring it with you. Afternoon, I know some of the guys are going to Gibraltar Point Nature Reserve to do a spot of twitching I'm sure they will not mind if you want to tag along. But there are plenty of other things to do nearer to the site if your not up for that. Evening, once again stargazing if all goes to plan, If it really looks like no astronomy can be done perhaps a trip to the pub ?? we can play that one by ear.

SUNDAY

Pack up.

INFO

You will need to bring all you food and drink provisions with you as there is no shop on the camp site !! nearest shops are four miles North in Sutton on Sea or four miles South in Chapel st Leonard's. Skegness is about 9 miles to the south of the site and Mablethorpe around 10 miles North, Anderby Creek Beach is about a 5 min walk from the camp site, The small market town of Alford is around eight miles inland. There are some lovey walks to be had in the area and you can also cycle to Mablethorpe using the promenade from Huttoft. The field we have booked also has a very small fishing pond.

I look forward to meeting old EMS friends and making new ones I hope you enjoy the starparty It is a very dark sky there. Its a big field so if you haven't yet booked don't worry there plenty of room just click the link on the homepage for booking details

see you on the 12th.

David

Oh and can you please PM me your name and how many in your party if your coming just for my records,