• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M45 Pleiades 18/09/12

Perkil8r

mike I now know why you were banging your head. well done I would not have even attempted I don't think.

Keep working on it

Sheila

I remember your first try at M45 before we went to Kelling - you should look back and see the difference lol - well done Mike :)

I'm sure with a good session of beer and PS5 I can get much better from this. The only thing now is to get a better short FL APO rather than using what will become my guidescope. The st80 is good, but starts to show the limits of it's optics quite a bit here I think.

@Kim, I didn't try this before Kelling, except last Pleiades season with a single 30 sec sub. This is my first attempt at trying to get it's Nebulosity.

Edited by Perkil8r

Having spent most of last night in the chatbox with Noel and Stephen, here is my latest attempt at processing the data.

I think I prefer the first one mike you get more if the nebulosity coming through in that pic. Having said that the latest one looks sharper in the main stars and in the wide wide field background stars. Just my opinion :)