• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

East Midlands Starparty 1

cosmic dave

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cosmic dave

• Teslar

• Craig

• RonC

WeatherPro on iOS, usually fairly accurate from my experience - hope not on this occasion.

Met Office website forecast for the Skegness area is much more promising with clear skies on both Fri & Sat night.

Off to see martyn tonight at ems1 I will ask him to have a scout around to see if there are any stray lights..

Been to visit the ems1 site tonight. Its seems a lovely site you will be crazy to miss it. Loads of space if you want to come.

I've just sorted going to EMS1.

I'm planning to leave work at 3:00pm (I'll have to clear this with the boss and make up the time!), with the gear already in the car, and head straight to the site from work. It should take me about 2.5 hours to make that journey I would have thought, getting there for 5:30pm - 6:00pm.

Sheila has kindly offered to loan of a tent and sleeping bag. :D

I hate doing stuff last minute, I have to plan in advance and this is completely out of my comfort zone!

I`m working Friday but finishing early. I hope to get there by about 4pm.

I've just sorted going to EMS1.

I'm planning to leave work at 3:00pm (I'll have to clear this with the boss and make up the time!), with the gear already in the car, and head straight to the site from work. It should take me about 2.5 hours to make that journey I would have thought, getting there for 5:30pm - 6:00pm.

Sheila has kindly offered to loan of a tent and sleeping bag. :D

I hate doing stuff last minute, I have to plan in advance and this is completely out of my comfort zone!

I think camping is out of everyones comfort zone. :D

I`m working Friday but finishing early. I hope to get there by about 4pm.

I think camping is out of everyones comfort zone. :D

im using four sleeping bags, i should be fine ???

i`ll plan to get there about the same time Darren, then i can give you some help.

glad your going Graig, looking forward to looking at Jupiter trhough your new gear

Edited by red dwalf

i`ll plan to get there about the same time Darren, then i can give you some help.

glad your going Graig, looking forward to looking at Jupiter trhough your new gear

Cheers Rob, much appreciated.

I might need help setting it up, the star party will be its "first light"! :D

Did somebody offer me the use of an inflatable matress? I forget now, I think it was in the shoutbox??..... If the offer i still open, then indeed yes please, if not then no worries, just couldn't remember and forgot to ask previously.

Aiming to be there around 2pm I think at present.

Guest Kheldar

Did somebody offer me the use of an inflatable matress? I forget now, I think it was in the shoutbox??..... If the offer i still open, then indeed yes please, if not then no worries, just couldn't remember and forgot to ask previously.

Aiming to be there around 2pm I think at present.

It wasn't me, but I can lend you one

it`s fairly easy, i can help for sure, are you using the handset or eq mod

Handset at the mo, though I have the cable for use with a laptop but it has a silly bright blue glowing power button on it... Bloody ACER. :(

Handset at the mo, though I have the cable for use with a laptop but it has a silly bright blue glowing power button on it... Bloody ACER. :(

Stick a bit of black sticky tape over it.

Simples.

Damn just checked sat nav and its 45 miles further than I thought. 260 miles door to door so might not get there till 7pm. Is there a gate closing time? Also lights might be a problem then ??

No gate as far as I know, sound your horn a few times and I'm sure somebody will guide you in Tom. :)