• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

SGL 8 : Pre-emptive information

Guest Kheldar

Main weekend Thu 14th March to Sun 17th March : dates available either side.

I'll put this here for now, could one of the lovely mods move it to a new sub forum please?

SGL 8 information page can be found directly here : http://stargazerslounge.com/page/sgl8.html

To summarise:

Booking will open at 3pm on 30th September. Last year the pitches were all sold within 24 hours! It's worth noting though that even despite this, Daz (SGL admin) managed to allocate pitches for all who wanted to go.

Bookings are made through the FLO website : http://www.firstlightoptics.com/

Unlike Kelling you don't reserve a pitch number, you just book the nights you want to stay. It's important to remember that you need to put each night you want (Thu, Fri, Sat etc) in the basket ... it's not unknown for people to put three Thursdays into the basket :)

In the comments section put something along the lines of "EMS pitch please" : I shall fire an email off to Daz and ask if he can lump us together again like last year.

Any questions, shout up! Just bookmark the date for ordering.

Stephen

Thanks for this Stephen - I rarely look at the SGL website now so would probably have missed it.

Last year was great (my first star party) so I'm keen to go again. We (EMS) were pitched all together then, will we be able to do that again?

Thanks for this Stephen - I rarely look at the SGL website now so would probably have missed it.

Last year was great (my first star party) so I'm keen to go again. We (EMS) were pitched all together then, will we be able to do that again?

As per the first post, I've sent the email asking : if Daz doesn't mind same as last year then yes we will be all pitched together.

please let me have details as i would be interested

Thanks

Sheila

Details are all in the first post, any other specific :P questions just ask :)