• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

I'm on the hunt...

Craig

Thanks Shiela

You're quite local to me too, I'm in Awsworth just down the road (well... the A610).

I've had a quote for an NEQ6 with C9.25 and Vixen dovetail bar, £2071 inc delivery.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Craig

• Doc

• Brantuk

• catman161

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you doing about the fridge?

I don't think getting rid of it is going to happen! :lol:

I want to see how easy it is (or isn't) to carry the NEQ6. I'm not placing an order until I've seen one, so I'll be visiting Kim oer Shiela as soon as I can arrange it.

Thanks Shiela

You're quite local to me too, I'm in Awsworth just down the road (well... the A610).

I've had a quote for an NEQ6 with C9.25 and Vixen dovetail bar, £2071 inc delivery.

Welcome anytime craig just give me a ring beforehand will pm details. Not in tomorrow though at Steve's for a lesson with the Tak :-)

Cheers

I work anyway, so it's likely to be an evening or a weekend depending on what is convenient. Kim mentioned a weekend so I can try not to inconvenience either of you too much.

Yes thanks Sheila. :)

I now need to find somebody with a C9.25 so I can see that too! :lol:

Yup - the CPC is essentially the same 925 ota - 'cept it's mounted on forks. :)

(It doesn't come off the forks - and it's rolled steel tubing - but the 925 comes in different blends including alloy and carbon fibre - but the optics and Starbright coatings are all set up identical in the same sized tube.)

I've found a combination that might be quite affordable based on some offers on the used market.

A Celestron 9.25 EdgeHD OTA on a CGEM mount, £1750 approx.

I'm thinking this might provide me with a good base on which to return to visual and eventually venture into imaging.

Went to see the C9.25 Edge HD OTA... Not gonna buy it. As much as I would have liked the scope, there are bits missing that they've replaced with after-market parts and they changed their minds about payment.

Back to the drawing board!

I did however get to meet an NEQ6 in the flesh as he had the OTA mounted on it. The good news is that I can easily lug that about so I am now ordering the NEQ6 from FLO.

FLO quoted me £960 for the mount and less than £1400 with a 250PDS.

That's what I am thinking. I will get the NEQ6 and a moderate OTA to get me back into observing.

I can always save for a nice OTA later.

I just agreed £1,800 for a C9.25 and NEQ6, both still within warranty which the store have agreed to transfer. :D

Now I just need to pay for it. ;)

Awesome! Glad you waited it out and got what you really wanted/needed ( and yes we do NEED scopes/mounts ;) )

A scope is a need, do you know how left out I feel without one?! It's like being naked in a room full of clothed people... :(

Nice set up there Craig, the wait and home work definitey paid off. Now you are clothed, lol, I know what you mean. :-)

Nice set up Craig - and saved a couple of hundred quid on new prices too :)

I just spoke to the guy and the scope is only 2 months old. :) It was purchased for the coming dark skies but his circumstances have changed.

I just spoke to the guy and the scope is only 2 months old. :) It was purchased for the coming dark skies but his circumstances have changed.

What a bargain! Good stuff :)