• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

another fireball missed

cosmic dave

I missed another fireball tonight because I was locking up at work. Do u ever get the feeling ur never going to see one ???

Yeah it did look more like space junk rather then a meteor breaking up. Still a good sight though - shame I missed it too. Ho Hum.... :)

I don't think you would have seen it Dave, I was looking out 2 minutes before and after and it was cloudy here, although a friend a little in land did see it.

Edited by tbird

I didn't see it. Although have seen 2 already so so not really fussed. Consider myself lucky to have seen those 2! :). Nope last night I was laying flat drs orders and on a hazy drug induced sleepy land where the skies were crystal clear all the time and I had the night vision of a cat and was looking through the Large Binocular Telescope! Then I woke up with my back cramping :( been signed off for a month now. Am still gonna make it to EMS 1 though. Think I have convince the missus to come along to help me with the tent an scope too which is cool. I think once she sees what it's like somewhere really dark she might get a little more interested. Fingers crossed :)

I will give u a hand to set up if u need it Felix.

Thanks Dave,very much appreciated. If the missus changes her mind then I will gladly accept your kind offer :)